4 Min Read
How Much Does a Whole Home Remodel Cost in Central Illinois?
Your bathroom is dated, your kitchen lacks the storage you need, there aren’t enough bedrooms, and you can barely fit your entire family into the living room to celebrate the holidays. It’s time for a whole home remodel to make better use of the space you have and perhaps add a bit more. But what will it cost? Every remodel is different. That’s why we’re breaking down some of the main costs to help you get a better idea of what to expect for your Central Illinois whole home remodel.
A Note About the Costs in This Guide
The cost ranges listed below are from the Remodeling Magazine Cost vs Value Report and divide the remodel costs into the midrange and upscale. Of course, for real homeowners, finish grades will likely vary across rooms, which explains the wide range. This guide is a good starting point, but be sure to contact your custom home remodeler for a more personalized estimate.
How Much Will It Cost to Remodel the Exterior of My Home?
When you’re remodeling your whole home, it’s a good idea to also update the exterior of your home. These updates carry the highest return on investment and will boost your home’s curb appeal. Old siding, a dented garage door, and dated windows will make your home look drab, lessening its value, no matter how many updates you perform on the inside.
Consider replacing the garage door, adding a wooden deck, replacing your windows, replacing old siding, and replacing the main entry door and casing. These updates will also improve your home’s energy efficiency. With these updates, an exterior remodel can reach around $70,000, depending on the materials you choose.
What’s Included in a Whole Home Remodel?
The rooms that tend to incur the highest costs are the more complex rooms: kitchens, bathrooms, and master suites. This is why we’re breaking down these major components of a whole home remodel in Central Illinois.
Midrange Primary Suite Addition
The midrange primary, or master, suite home addition includes everything you’ll need to have your own retreat for starting and ending your day. The cost will generally be around $150,000. Your new 24x16 foot suite will include:
- Include a walk-in closet/dressing area
- Bathroom with a freestanding soaker tub, separate 3x4 foot ceramic tile shower, double vanity with solid-surface countertop, and exhaust fan
- Carpeted bedroom floor
- Tile bathroom floor
- Install general and spotlighting
Upscale Primary Suite Addition
The upscale level suite will include more space, higher-end finishes, and more amenities. The price for a 32x20 foot upscale luxury retreat is around $300,000 and includes:
- A spacious sleeping area with a sitting area
- Custom built-in storage
- High-end gas fireplace with stone hearth and custom mantle
- Walk-in closet/dressing area with natural light, mirrors, and linen storage
- The bathroom includes a walk-in shower with a dual-shower system, stone walls, and floor, & a custom frameless glass enclosure
- Freestanding soaker tub
- Two sinks in separate custom vanities with stone countertops and large mirrors
- Commode closet
- Outside the bath, add 5-foot-long wet bar, under-counter mini refrigerator, custom cabinetry, stone countertop, and microwave
- Include soundproofing, in-floor heating, custom wall finishes, and hardware, general and spot lighting, and high-end lighting controls
Midrange Bathroom Remodel or Addition
To remodel or add a bathroom, we’ll consider a full bath rather than a half bath. To inquire about adding a half bathroom to your floor plan, reach out to a trusted design-build firm. For $55,000, you can expect a 6x8 foot bathroom that includes:
- Cultured stone vanity top with molded sink and standard chrome faucets
- 30x60-inch white fiberglass tub/shower with ceramic tile surround
- Single-lever temperature and pressure-balanced faucet
- White low-profile toilet
- General and spot lighting, mirrored medicine cabinet, linen storage closet or cabinet
- Ceramic tile floor
Upscale Bathroom Remodel or Addition
Your upscale bathroom will include finishes and features that are more high-end within a larger 10x10-foot space. This type of addition is typical for adding a bathroom off of the main bedroom to create a suite. The cost will be $100,000 and include:
- Include 42x42-inch neo-angle shower with ceramic tile walls, accent strip, recessed shower caddy, body-spray fixtures, and frameless glass enclosure
- Freestanding soaker tub with high-end faucets
- Stone countertop two mirrored double vanity, medicine cabinets with lighting
- Compartmentalized commode area with a humidistat-controlled exhaust fan
- Matching ceramic tiles on the floor laid on a diagonal with ceramic tile base molding
- General and spot lighting and waterproof shower fixture
- The cabinetry has a custom drawer base and wall cabinets
- Electric in-floor heating
Midrange Major Kitchen Remodel
A major kitchen remodel will change the layout in the existing 10x10 footprint to work better for you and your family. The cost will be around $75,000 and include:
- Cabinetry layout modifications allowed within the existing space
- Semi-custom cabinetry, like Wellborn Select
- New durable flooring
- New double basin sink with standard plumbing fixtures
- Energy-efficient appliances
- Under cabinet lighting
- Granite or quartz countertops
- Ceramic tile backsplash
Upscale Major Kitchen Remodel
Your upscale kitchen remodel will change the space structurally, such as creating an open concept. A 10x20 kitchen update and expansion will cost around $150,000 or above and include:
- Remove existing walls to accommodate expanded kitchen design
- Customized cabinetry, such as Wellborn Premier
- New flooring in the kitchen area and adjacent rooms
- Energy-efficient appliances
- High-end under-mount sink with designer faucet and water filtration system
- Granite, quartz, or marble countertops
- Natural stone backsplash
How Long Does a Whole Home Remodel Take?
The answer is: it depends. It can vary based on your design goals, whether you’re adding on or remodeling within your existing footprint, and the size of your home. To learn more about how long your remodel will take, reach out to a design-build firm with your design goals.
Your whole home remodel timeline, as well as the cost, will come down to your home and your goals. This is why contacting an experienced and trusted design-build firm, like True Craft Remodelers, is your best first step. You’ll have a team of professionals whose only goal is to listen to your challenges, your goals, and your parameters, like budget and timeline. If you’re ready to update your home and improve your quality of life, contact True Craft Remodelers today.