Unlock Your Decatur & Springfield, ILlinois Basement’s Full Potential
Your home’s basement is an amazing opportunity for extra square footage dedicated to your favorite hobbies, entertainment, and more. With a basement remodel, your space can become something incredible and uniquely tailored to you. The possibilities are endless—a cozy family room, a stylish home theater, a quiet home office, a comfortable guest suite, an in-home sauna, or a trendy home bar.
At True Craft Remodelers, we believe that a basement can be as functional and inviting as any other part of your home. For over 30 years, we've turned dark, forgotten living spaces into vibrant, functional, and beautiful living areas. Our team of talented designers, skilled project managers, and experienced carpenters is passionate about revitalizing neglected areas of your home into something extraordinary. We're ready to help you get creative with your space and bring your vision to life.
Frequently Asked Questions About Basement Remodeling
- What is the most expensive part of finishing a basement?expand_more
The most expensive part of finishing a basement typically revolves around structural work, plumbing, and electrical. This might include repairing cracks, reinforcing the foundation, or rerouting electrical and plumbing for new fixtures.
- How do I budget my basement to remodel?expand_more
To budget your basement remodel, consider the goals for your living space and the current state of your basement. Think about all the desired features, flooring, and fixtures you’re hoping to install. Keep in mind that adding a bathroom or kitchenette can increase costs, but can help you create your ideal living space and make the most of your home’s basement.
The best way to know exactly how much your project will cost is by getting a detailed quote from a reputable design-build team.
- How much does it cost to refinish a basement in Chicago?expand_more
The cost of basement finishing in Chicago varies widely, from $25,000 to $50,000 or more, depending on the complexity of the project and the finishes used. It's best to get an estimate from a local contractor.
- Why should I remodel my basement?expand_more
- Remodeling your basement can significantly increase your home's usable square footage, making space for adding extra bedrooms, recreational areas, or even a rental unit as another source of income. This investment significantly enhances your property's value and your quality of life.
- How much does it cost to finish an average-sized basement?expand_more
- The cost of finishing an average-sized basement typically ranges from $25,000 to $75,000 or more, depending on design choices and the extent of structural work required. Ask your design-builder about how much your project could cost and the construction timeline before your new living space is completed and ready to enjoy.
- What is the most cost-effective basement construction?expand_more
To make your basement investment more budget-friendly and have better ROI, concentrate on optimizing space usage and selecting materials that provide both affordability and durability. Consider planning and designing multifunctional spaces to make the most of your living space as your needs grow and evolve. Select practical build materials and finishings that will help achieve a balance between cost and long-term quality.
OUR DESIGN-BUILD PROCESS
Next, we will use a modeling program to create your remodel design. Your proposed project investment and timeline will be known at this time, as well as making sure you’re aware of the process so there are no surprises. You’ll choose the materials, colors, and finishes for your remodel, followed by agreeing on a payment schedule.
Finally, your remodel will begin the construction phase! You’ll be involved through on-site meetings and be kept in the loop about progress to ensure your remodel is going according to plan. We understand that a remodel can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Once your project is complete, we’ll do a final walk-through to ensure you’re satisfied with our work. True Craft is unique in that we offer a three-year warranty and will fix anything necessary, no questions asked.
What Our Clients Think
"They come when they say they are going to come and are very responsive when working with the customer. Our experience with them has always been A+."
What Our Clients Think
"I can't tell you how impressed I was to see the Owner of the company working on my project, when the schedule needed. And just as importantly, there were no surprise costs at the end of the project"
What Our Clients Think
"True Craft Remodelers are an excellent company. Every one of the contractors that worked on our redo was very professional, kind, and did excellent work."